Baycox Cattle & Piglet is for the treatment and prevention of coccidiosis in cattle up to 9 months caused by Eimeria bovis or Eimeria zuernii. Coccidiosis typically occurs in cattle less than a year old causing diarrhoea which is often blood stained. Recently weaned calves are particularly susceptible to outbreaks of clinical disease. One dose is effective because it attacks all stages of the parasite in the animal.
Metaphylactic treatment of cattle & Piglets as soon as clinical signs of disease are seen will reduce the impact of an outbreak by preventing further intestinal damage in affected animals. This treatment approach will also prevent non affected animals from developing diarrhoea. To obtain maximum benefit on farms with a history of coccidiosis, the product needs to be given approximately 1 week prior to the expected onset of clinical signs. Treatment of newly weaned calves at the time of meal withdrawal will control coccidiosis associated with weaning.
• Convenient single oral dose for easy administration - follow up treatment is usually not necessary
• Kills all coccidia development stages
• Long acting to suppress oocyst excretion over 42 days
• Efficacy is independant of the severity of the infection
• Does not impair natural immunity development
• Both curative and preventative to ensure production of high value replacements
Directions for Use: Before using this product, obtain a veterinary diagnosis for diarrhoea.
Dosage: Give by mouth. Ensure the applicator is delivering a full dose before starting treatment. The applicator should be set to deliver a full dose per stroke.
Piglets: 1mL per piglet at the age of 3 to 6 days has been found to yield excellent results.
Treat at 3 - 6 days old at the onset of coccidial diarrhoea. Treat all piglets in infected litters and all infected and 'at risk' litters in the farrowing house.
Cattle: 3mL per 10kg bodyweight.
In the case of history of coccidiosis on farm, treat 1 week before expected onset of clinical signs. For prevention of coccidiosis in recently weaned calves, treat at weaning time when milk feeding ceases. Otherwise treat at the onset of diagnosed clinical signs.
MEAT (Pigs) - DO NOT USE less than 70 days before slaughter for human consumption.
MEAT (Cattle) - DO NOT USE less than 56 days before slaughter for human consumption.
MILK (Cattle) - DO NOT USE in lactating or pregnant cows where milk or milk products may be used for human consumption
EXPORT SLAUGHTER INTERVAL (ESI) (Pigs): No ESI established.
EXPORT SLAUGHTER INTERVAL (ESI) (Cattle): DO NOT slaughter for export for 75 days after last treatment.
- We pack orders daily which are picked up within 24-48 hrs depending on how busy we are.
- All shipping rates are automatically calculated at checkout.
- Most items are sent out with Australia post but some items including all cabinet incubators are sent with TNT couriers.
- Express shipping is not offered on the site due to items not arriving in the express shipping "window" being blamed on Brookfield Poultry Equipment.